Monday 21 January 2008

Week 3 - fed up with college




Playing around with the Shadow Character and how he should appear. I wanna do some test with 2D animation and After Effects this week so that we can decide how this character should look and be animated - I want him very 2D and organic and probably more as bleeding ink.






Some of the Backgrounds I drawn for Aminata - to put on layers for more depth - 2 Aminata


I feel like I am getting fucked on my final year and it is not a nice feeling. Should I skip this year and come back next year and re do it? Would I actually come back? I worked really hard these years - I think I deserve to work out with a showreel.

I have a group meeting tomorrow and I will try n speed things up n try to get everything moving forward but I am seriously tired of it and don't want what I had last term, stress and worries. Will have a meeting with Mike tomorrow as well so that's good. Cos I am probably a bad producer as well as we are such a big group but always is behind, will try and change that.


Work that has to be done for my FILM;

- more concept for the shadow character
- test 2D animation and AE animation for the shadow character
- model and rig the girl model
- texture and rig the Dr character
- rig the Mother and the Bobo Character
- Blendshapes for Bobo, the girl and the mother
- changes to the animtic ( that i gave everyone during x-mas but no one gave a shit about )
- sound effects and music
- the girls voice
- finalyse and create the dead world environment

Work for Jess FILM:

- Owls portrait color and texture tests
- maybe paint the backgrounds ( wait for more info )

Work for Aminatas FILM:

- Paris backgrounds in layers


Well time to stop the holiday blues i guess and get back to work!

Found this Blog online from another animation student who is doing more art oriented animation, really nice style and animation.

http://lindescharacter.blogspot.com/2007_10_01_archive.html

peace n luv,
asa

2 comments:

Christina said...

Hi Asa!
was just checking out everyone's bloggs, I don't mind doing some concept for that shadow character, explain to me more about him (email me)or what kind of thing you're imagining and I could do a couple even tonight!

Christina :)

"The day That I died" Production Blog said...

ah that would be great and something I think that u would enjoy as well as this involves painting ;)

The shadow is a character that scares and threatens Sophie as this character is trying to bring her back to the hospital, back to life and for her, pain.

I am planning to 2D animate him but has not decided if he should be really messy black crayons growing and getting closer to them or bleeding black water color paint.

The Shadow is black, has no mouth or eyes but can still resemble a big body a la yabbadehut from star wars style or something threatening growing and taking over the screen, closing up on them n spreading darkness. He can have something that resembles to arms and scary fingers trying to reach them.

Hope that helped :)
peace n luv,
asa