Tuesday 15 January 2008

Week 2 - back to reality!



Bird nr 11 color test for Jess

To make the textures fit in really nice I would need much more time, so this is just a test and not the final ones. I like soem of the hair though.



Bird nr 4 color n texture test for Jessica



Thursday and I have been thinking about if I should jump off this course and take a one year break, but I am not sure if I would come back and a BA is good to have - but not if I don't have a portfolio or any good grades? So, hmm, lot's of stuff on my mind right now. Will talk to Mike on Tuesday. Painted some Buildings for Aminata in that style that she liked, sent her different buildings in different colors as a pdf so that she can use the ones she like, put them in different layers the way she want etc. Jessica liked and picked some owl's so I will make texture and color tests for the ones that she choose and present it on Monday.







Need backgrounds for the dead world. We still don't have any concept or any tests but I hope I will get some on the next group meeting, meanwhile I am playing around with watercolors as I want the sky to be made out of watercolors but maybe be slightly animated in after effects and be in layers. Will make tests when I have time.

I am really unmotivated. Came back after 5 weeks n nothing has changed.







During the X-mas I had promised to sketch on Owl's that Jessica can use as family photographs on the walls in her film - and here they are but I still feel that they look like chickens and that I have problems drawings owl's.

Talked to Aminata the other day and she actually likes my Paris background but want the buildings to have more the typical Paris style ( that I find it hard to draw ) but I am really surprised and glad she liked my silly ugly style so offcourse I have to do it! Will get into it this week. Now internet is working again in my house so that's good!

Otherwise? I feel a bit unmotivated, might be cos I just came home from paradise and is in a rainy grey shit hole where people wear expansive brands n look very unhappy - but it might also be that I feel a bit lost on my course, I love the fact my film is in the making but..I don't know, I am not a animator, not a rigger, not a modeller...so what am I doing at Ravensbourne?

I know that I have to be more direct when I produce, I think load and is wanting other peoples opinions all the time when I should actually just know and just go for it, so I need to improve that this term.

peace n luv,
asa

1 comment:

J said...

Bird no 11 gillar jag blont har o randig kavaj at det roda hallet med matchande glasogon. gratt har ar inte fel heller, hudfard at det ljusare hallet.

Bird nr 4 e ju nr 4 klockren.

Bird no 1 gillar jag fargskalan som e pa den me svart kappa. fast vitt har e ju tufft det med...

hoppas det hjalper!!!