Monday 4 February 2008

Week 5 - finishing of environment 1: the hospital



Sunday, talked with Aminata and Wan on skype. Told Wan to hold it with Bobo, that he should finish the mother first, arranged so that they use the same hair and skin textures. Asked Wan about the mother, if her clothes are cloth or not and if the have fabric bumbmaps. I want at-least 2 characters finished by Wednesday. E-mailed Sophie to Caspar so that he can get the size reference and get the scales on the train right and i can get the scales for the hospital room right as I want to finish it tomorrow. Tried to find textures online. Changed the girls eyes to brown and it looks so much better. Sent Aminata the last textures and some Eiffel towers and clouds. Asked Josie to send me the toys tomorrow so that I can put them in the room. Told Patrick that he should focus on the Dr instead of the Deadworld environment as the Dr is scheduled to be finished this week and Patrick worked on the Deadworld during the x-mas break and I only seen one test. Now I am going to sleep. Tomorrow a new week begins.

Today is friday, I have been coughing up my lounges for three days but I am going into college today to finalize the hospital room:

* put some bumb maps on,
* find a more typical hospital floor texture,
* put cloth effect on the pillows ( wait with the duvet until Sophie is finished as she will lay under it)
..and as Raphael has been gone for 2 weeks without sending us any work or saying why, I will take over his job and texture the heart rate monitor. I want to find the typical texture for the window to their room as well, maybe I will call Lewisham hospital and ask them if I can take a few pictures of there floors and windows haha.

and then home and finish chapter 1 in my dissertation and wait for my boyfriend to come and make a pc part on my mac so that I can install windows and get Maya to work hopefully, cos in college u can only work until 9 at nite, I prefer working at home so I need to get my computer sorted out. It ois really weird that it doesn't work, we have tried for 4 months, Jessica has tried as well..grrrr, hopefully it works today cos I need to do some nite shifts.

During the week:

The last thing I did was plain grey walls, not what we decided but I like it the most. It makes the room completly sterile and soulless. Will finish it tomorrow and ask Ross if he wants to do the light. Now I have to write a chapter on my dissertation.

green yellow painted walls

watercolor walls

started texturing the hospital room and its really hard to find a nice floor texture so it looks as if I will have to paint it. Tried real wall textures and this watercolor one and I prefer watercolor and Josie did as well. Now I just need to make a nice floor.
I am not happy with the wheels and will add wheels to the hospital bed as well. The room needs to clearly show that she leaves there and has done so for a long time but also that its not an environment she wants to be in. Josie is making two toys and Raphael is texturing the heart rate monitor. I want a pair of slippers on the floor by the bed as well, fluffy ones, Sophie's ones.



yes, more textures... no point for me to post them up here cos so far I have painted 43 different ones.. still 2 color schemes left to do then I am really looking forward to see how it looks on all the Parisian buildings, think it will be really nice.





Aminata asked me if I wanted to make clouds as well - and actually that is exactly what I've been thinking about and looking into for my film.. this is from Persepolis that Mike showed me.



and this is how they made them in "I lived on the Moon",




I have looked at all kinds of illustrated and painted clouds but these 2 examples are the ones I like the most so...back to the bath tub with all my paint! Want to make my own kind of clouds so this will take a while..lets get started.



water color and photoshop clouds



painted water color clouds


and some more..


I have been looking for more textures for the hospital room as I want to make a little test and see and compare how it looks with "real" textures and how it looks with watercolor textures. Think it could look even darker and more unwelcoming with green watercolors - will try today. Have to go to college to be able to work with Maya. It sucks.
Did some more textures as well, try to draw like a kid - I worked with kids this age for 4 years but can't really remember how much your drawing skills has developed when u are 7.. probably more then this..



Sophies drawings

2 comments:

J said...

I like clouds big-time! ! ! !

Asas Jornal said...

oh, which ones of them? I like the yellow happy clouds