Wednesday 13 February 2008

Week 6 - and I wanted to put this film down

I had it the other day, so today I really wanted to put this film down and was very certain of it. I feel that I am getting my degree, my showreel and final year fucked because I was stupid and pitched a film with both 2D and 3D that I couldn't make by myself cos I am not good with 3D, rigging, modeling etc. But that was the point I remembered - we should pitch a film that a lot of student could and would like to work on that wasn't to long and complicated and didn't have to many characters in it. I did that. It took weeks to figure out the dynamics of the group and realizing that actually some people don't do shit but is bullshitting me week after week. So I started loosing hope. I am probably a shit producer- probably a shit director. But I work try to do my best.
The same week as we are warned about always fucking up deadlines - deadlines get fucked AGAIN.  So, how long should I let this repeat itself? Can we do it? Mike is probably thinking about what is the best for the course and what is best for the majority of students - but I actually have to think about me. I am not leaving this college without a showreel. Fuck No.
I felt more positive after the meeting when Giles said that he could help us and rig the girl, maybe even help us with some blendshapes. Sarah and Rob also offered to help with modeling props and characters. I will ask Sara to help out with background paintings and the deadworld, 
a lot of people were doing concept on it but actually all I gat was two drawings, one from Eva and one from Josie and it is not enough. I sketched some on it as well. I will give this one more week, then I don't care what anyone says. This is about MY future. I don't live with my parents.  I am not 18 or 20. I am 30 years old and gave up a flat and a good job to go and get a degree.. even if I am not an animator.
Anyway, here is the hospital room. Will fix the duvet and pillow when the girl actually is in the bed so I can shape it after her body. The lamp needs another texture and the plant in the window is not done. 




lets not mourn or get depressed about this shit, lets try and make the best out of the situation.. lets design the Dead-world!
I kept this image that I found online since last term, and it gave me an idea.



maybe we should have some weird plants/flowers in the dead-world? I started sketching on some weird flower growing on roots.



and then this was the colors we wanted to use;



and I'm not longer sure about if they are "happy" enough. Testing color combinations.




No comments: