Monday 5 November 2007

Week 6 - Hopefully the turning point

Monday and we had a meeting with the group today. Posted a protocol on the group Blog. Tired.
We have problems with the storyboard and the animatic, I will start making my version of it during this and the coming week.
Need some time for dissertation research, presentations and essays as well. I have the oppurtunity to sell some of my illustrations in a small art cafe in Hither Green and the oppurtunity to be published in a book made by the Swedish Illustrator Society that they make once every year and send out to advertising agency's and publishers so I want to go for that while I have the chance, start aiming at what I want to do before I graduate. Want to send out my little book in February and see if I can get a work placement for the easter break but I guess that they all are looking for 3D people.

Josie showed us some clips from a Miyazaki film earlier that I have totaly missed, Naausica of the Valley of the Wind, I really liked this enviroment an dthe colors used, the light. I have been digging into books in the library but I am still sticking to my original style idea, a mix between Miasaki and the "I lived on the Moon" musicvideo cos i haven't found anything else that I really think fits and that I like that much.






I am working on Sofies modelsheet, I am struggling with the profile of her face as I draw so 2D. Have to find a book or a tutorial about how to easily adapt 2D drawings to 3D. I tried to sketch on the trainstation yesterday..I am as good as drawing houses as realistic people ha ha! I tried in Illustrator as well. I almost rather make block outs in Maya but I havent installed it on my new computer yet. I want a Miyazaki style trainstation. I want a magical film. Will took to Ross today about light, he is really good on 3D lighting so hopefully he'll have a chance to help me a bit next term. Here are some sketches and research:


I really like the idea with a tree house, maybe make the station between the trees roots? I want some imagination in this film. I want some magic.


The question might be, if this is a train station where do people and creaturs waith for the train? Can we be a bit creative and run loose or do we have to explain and make everything belivable? I would like to put Raphaels watch man on the stairs by the door.


Tuesday: Trying to learn more about color as it will be very important for my film as we will communicate a lot with the colors schemes and environments. I hope that who ever that reads this alos read the GROUP BLOG, where all the lists of what people should do and for when are up as well as who's been attending meetings and who's not etc.




Never gat any colorshemes from Patrick or Eva so now I just quickly made the one fo rthe hospital room as well and then its done.


Thurdsay: My sister came from Sweden today but I posted my new research and sketches on the blog and told Joise about what she should look at at the meeting and she did a really good job. Will meet up again tomorrow and now I think its time for me to loose it. Talked to Jessica about that I will not have time to do more work for her this term, I neeed to get my won film back on track. I really enjoy sketching on those pigeons though!

Friday: Had a really good meeting with almost everyone from my group. Told Nnamdi that he has to start putting up things on his and our Blog as he oes have lots of ideas and have research but he doesnt put them on the blog so how will the tutors know? I was just about to start stressing research and conept for the dead world when he showed me " Josie's la la land" - that was it! A bit to dark but thats what I imagined but softer and warmer. Josie and Wan like dit as well so now we gat that done and I am happy :) Aminata helped me out with the model sheet so that I much easier can make them aso now I have promised to research views of Paris and paint, forgat to ask if it s for the films background or the womans apartment view but here's some research so that she can tell me what she likes and what I should sketch on.

RESEARCH FOR AMINATA:







peace n luv,
asa

2 comments:

Space Pumpkin said...

Well really like the lower right hand side one and also the third from the bottom left hand one ( the rising sun one)

Asas Jornal said...

i am trying to find more street and side view ones but its weird, so much tourists etc but not that many photos!

peace n luv,
asa