Monday 12 November 2007

Week 7 - finishing concept!


new research on Paris to Aminatas film


I'm gonna help Aminata with her film tonite and maybe tomorrow, she have asked me to help her paint Paris backgrounds, that will be fun, I have never done backgrounds before! A bit afraid that I might be real shit at it but I will try, Aminata has helped me a lot with sketches and concept work so I really feel I want to give something back. I don't know if we eill see the door to the apartment in any shoot but I found this door sign that I really liked, have passed it to Aminata.



Today we will pick all the camera angles for my film and tomorrow hopefully the final concept of the creatures of the dead world, the Doctor and the mum so I will probably be up all nite sketching and maybe using flash. I e-mailed two sound students that I know in college about sound effects this weekend, tried to find more sound students but it didn't work with the studentifier so I have to log into their course on Moodle or something so that I can ask some more. Cos we will need sound from a hospital, maybe even osund of the girl breathing sometimes etc. I will give students that are interested the animatic.

Had a good meeting today. It was me, Wan, Josie and Patrick, decided to do the tree trainstation so I will do more concept of that until Thursday and right now I am e-mailing Bobo and The girl as Cut out psd parts ( that Patrick and I will use in our Animatic ) to Patrick. Will do them in profile versions as well, will not do a mad slick animatic but nicer and better then the old one so that people not invo;ved hopefully understands whats going on.
Now..back to work.. :)


Bobo cut out parts for animatic

Some of Sofie's cut out heads for the animatic

I am e-mailing Patrick Bobo and the girl with cut out parts that we easily can animate for a nicer and more understandable animatic. Patrick and I will do the animatic together and I am thinking about asking Raphael to do some scenes as well as he hasn't doen so much this term and he said he wanted to play around with the timing before so thats good. To make sure Patrick gat it all I also texted his mobile phone about it, he hasn't replied but now I am sure he knows about it.

My Tree trains station idea was voted for so I am going to do more concept this week. I want it to be a mixture between an Old oak tree and a Willow Tree. I htink butterflies are to pretty and feminin but I want to make my own version of fireflies.








Wednesday. My head can't handle stress. Migrane. Made a list of the meeting for the rest of the term and posted on the group Blog yesterday and was up late sketching on the Doctor.






Thursday: Nnamdi and Josie are sick and I can't get thru to Patrick so me, Raphael and Wan had a short metting and everyone gat a lot of work to do. A bit disapointed and angry as no one had done what they had to do for today but maybe they put it on the Blog later on today? There's only two weeks left and right now I don't really trust everyone in the group any more, deadlines been crushed to many times and people act as if they don't know what they're supposed to do eventhough we decided about the tasks together and have the list of them for every week on the blog. Hope for better luck next week :)

I can't belive I promised to help Aminata to draw a background of Paris moahahaha, my drawing really look SHIT! I told her that I am bad but..well well haha..it will be a long nite. Have to make character sheets for Bobo and the girl and develop our Doctor as well so it will be a long nite. Sorry Aminata! I am trying ha ha, but..not very good at it




My favourite is Doctor version 1


Friday: F unbelivable but Aminata thought my background style was cool and want another one with no grey in it haha..she most be joking! But I will make 2-3 more and e-mail her today. Need to make the Eifeel tower actually look like the Eiffeltower as well.



I have e-maild Patrick, Nnamdi and Raphael about the group Blog and that I am disapointed in the after 7 weeks not posting anything at all and not leaving any fedback or comments on our concept eventhough they said they would start doing it 4 weeks ago. Its important that people feel our characters but right now its jut me, Josie and Wan voting and chosing them. I e-mailed Jessica, Eva and Aminata to help us and vote and leave fedback as well as I find it important. Haven't heared anything from Patrick so I hope that he is alright, he always use to text back. If I dont hear anything until tomorrow then I will start doing the animatic on my own. I also replied to Nnamdi and told him that he gat until Monday to present the train he was going to present on Thursday and has been working on for three weeks - if he doesn't then I will talk to Caspar cos I know he really wants to build and old steam train. Can't wait any longer.
the voting took off and stange enough everyone liked the same on, good, then thatw as easy! So I started with his modelsheet and Character Sheet and did a little Character description that I hope might be atleast a little bit helpful for the animator.





Peace n Luv,
asa

No comments: