Wednesday 24 October 2007

Week 4 - Finaly I have a computer!

Yes, last friday I finaly recieved my brand new iMac - and it is amasing! Now I can start working for real!

The first thing that I decided to do create a new Blog. I know that Mike showe me a journal from last year that he liked but for me that journal was not in depth enough, I couldn't see any of that students developing work, sketches or research. And I do want to write about the entire group work process as well as this is pretty much about good group work - or lack of it.
So I started a new Blog, this one, and its my journal.

My other Blog was my Art work and Illustration Blog and I soon realised that it ended up with only research and Jornals and I don't want people that are interested in my illustration or art work to have read all that and wonder what I am doing.


Ruff Sketches of how the girl, Sofie can look


Monday: The only ones who had done their storyboard scenes for the Monday meeting was me and Eva. Josie had missunderstod but quickly started to draw her scene and fixed it during the meeting and her drawings are great.
Patrick n I decided to do ours together and discussed the scene and agreed that we would like to shoot as much of this scene from above as it would give a feeling of the girl being in a box and being locked up. We also changed the defribilator scene, we decided that that is a bit to dramatic for the pace and the feel of the film. we don't want the girl to die a dramatic death.
But I was really disapointed that not more people from the grup showed up and had done any work as I said so many times the week before that a good storyboard is crucial for a good film and that we need to get started and help eachother with it.
I decided to give everyone a couple of more days and book a new meeting on wednesday and this time e-mail, text, talk AND put up info on the group Blog about it so that everyone will be there.

I have drawn some different sloth faces for Jono so that we can start developing the animals characters for his film. I have e-mailed them all to him and is waiting for fedback cos I don't really know what deadline I have or whats happening as his group live together and talk about everything at home and don't have a group blog or e-mail out any info so, I am just trying to do as much as possible and has asked him to keep me updated so that I know what's going on and know if I have to speed up my work or not.


..trying to figure out how a sloth would look if it walked on two legs...

Researching sloths, apparently they move 4 n a half metre in a minute..


Concept work for Jono's film "Azteek Escape"



I am trying to figure out how they stand up and would move if they actually could walk. I understand now why Ice Age used a sloth kind that doesn't even exist any more but - it could walk! So I am trying to merge their feet and body with the kind of sloth that Jono likes.



I e-mailed everything to Jono and asked if we could met up on Thursday and Friday and go through them all. Done some quick sketches and changes on the opossum.




Wednesday: Storyboard meeting and everyone was there!! Jippi! Now it feels as if we finaly can get started for real, I explained to everyone that no one who dislikes drawing has to draw but everyone has to come to the meetings as everyones thoughts and ideas are important and will make it a better film. This film has so much pssoibilities and could be something really extraodrinary, it is up to us as a group. Josie and I have worked our asses off on The Girl and the Bobo design and I have asked Becca and Aminata to help out as well as I feel that we need to start getting somewhere. And slowly but surely we are.
I asked everyone to leave comments about all the sketches on the Blog so that we can continue develop our designs and hoepfully have the girl or Bobo or the train ready by next week. We turned our heads inside out and went through the storyboard and made some changes..then just before we were going to give up for the day Patrick came up with the briliant idea of using ballons in the end scene instead of the train, we all really like the idea but are afraid that it will slow down the film and make it longer. I really dont care as long as the film is good. We couldnt find a good way to explain why they had to catch just this train, but with lots of ballons taking of and just one left, our girl Sofie would have to hurry up and cath the last one and then take off into the light. I love it. I actaully saw a image of baloon over Paris two weeks ago when I was researching art work and liked it so much I wanted to use t some how but didn't feel that it would fit my film, but it actually would but with other colorschems.







Thursday and Friday: Realised while listening to Jareds Production Scheduling lecture that maybe its Josie and my faults as prodcuers that we are behind, maybe we are not clear enough? Josie and I decided to re do the schedule and post it on the Blog and I decided to from now on alwasy write up exactly who's doing what on the Blog and for what date and the date and the time of the next meeting with Block capitols so that no one can get confused or forget what they promised to look into. Wan, Eva,Raphael and Nnamdi joined up with us in the 2nd year room so by accident we had a unplanned meeting and discussed and tried to develop the storyboard some more and told everyne about the changed timetable and the new system, everyone said that they iked it and that it made it easier for them fast to see whats going on so thats good! And I was really glad that everyone that was in just joined us and came to see what was going on, everyone in my group really seem to want to make this film which makes me really happy. I have asked for exapmles of music but everyone had forgatten and I havent managed to find anything, but Christina played piano on a film I did in my foundation year so I will go to her house with the animatic when it is done so that she can play and adept the music to it. Patrick and I started putting the storyboard scenes together in photoshop, a lot of them wasn't nmbered so I was about to go crazy and it took much longer time then we planned. Patrick said that he could do the animatic at home and that he enjoys playing around with After Effects so I thanked him for that ( as I hav emore films to work on) and left and headed fo rmy drawing table at home!

For Jessicas film I have done some 60's interior design research, chosing the 60's was a brilaint idea that will stylise her film and make it really funky as 60's designs are really colorful and fun. I haven't been able to find any London postcards from the 60;s or Posters. The few posters that I could find were in really bad quality, but I will continue looking and see if I can find some 60's cartoons that our Owl teenager can have in his room maybe?

That's all for this week. I am exhausted.



No comments: