Wednesday 24 October 2007

Week 2 - Research and getting started!



The 60's! Jessica and her fulltime group decided that their film should take place in the 60's and I love it! Here's some reaserch on clothes, furniture, hairstyles etc from the 60's.





Then, what kind of owl's is there and what kind of Owls is Jessica after?






Some of my Owl Research for Jessica's film "Owl's Day Out" and here are my first sketches,



I thought that the pigeons might be a bit more fun if they were street guys, mafiosos or gangsters..



Started playig around, trying to imagine the mixed media dead world but so fat I see it only as empty 3D space with mist. But I started making some water color textures as I know that Patrick is playing around with that enviroment this week so maybe he wants something to play with?








We all started sketching and working on the girl, Bobo and the girls mother this week as well. I don't want a manga girl, I don't want a cartoonish girl and I don't want a realistic girl, so how do I explan what kind of girl I want? I have searched internet for her but Haven\t managed ti find naything close, this sketch is a girl that I like. She is badly drawn, but I like her sadness and I like that she is not cartoonish, not realistic and not manga. But I didn't get any fedback from my group when I showed the sketch so it didn't seem as if the liked it. Maybe I have to develop it and present it better.


I tried to sketch on the mother and The Doctor as well. It is hard. I draw silly and cartoonish but I still like all the concept work cos this is how we learn and develop, challenge ourselfs.


I asked Nnamdi if he wanted to be the main producer. I told everyone from the begining that the only reason why I am the director, producer and art director right now is because I am not sure that you all share my vision of the film, if you all are ready to work hard etc. It is just because I feel afraid of giving away the film and end up with a complet different film then the one I wanted to do. But I feel that we are very much alike in my group and we all agreed on that this is a sad film with a slow and beatiful pace and we all love the art work that inspired me from the "I lived on The Moon" musicvideo and its colorscheme. Nnamdi said yes, unfortanlly he called me later on two days later and said that he wanted to go and do his own film. I understand if he wants do to his own thing on his BA year, totally. But ofcourse I am sad that he is living as he is a very talented guy, very good on filmic language and script writing, I think this film would suit him and that he would have had fun with it. Will ask him on Monday if he will stay as a part timer or dissapear completly. I really hope that Wan stays so that he doesn't dissapear as well.

Very annoyed about not being able to work at home..will have to sort my computer situation out SOOON!

PS Found this article online that I found interesting!

_________________________________________________

Kids near death report surprisingly similar experiences. What can we learn from them?

By Randall Sullivan

When she arrived at the hospital in the spring of 1982, seven-year-old Kristle Merzlock was in a coma after spending 20 minutes at the bottom of a swimming pool. Bill Longhurst, the lanky doctor who received Kristle in A&E, quickly summoned paediatric doctor Melvin Morse, then 27, the only doctor at the hospital who had performed a significant number of resuscitations. But even Morse, with all his experience and outstanding academic credentials—a medical degree and a research fellowship funded by the US National Cancer Institute—was not prepared for what was about to happen.

Kristle’s pupils were fixed and dilated, Morse recalls, and she had no gag reflex. A CT scan showed massive swelling of her brain.
A machine was doing her breathing and her blood pH was extremely acidic, a clear indication of imminent death. “There was little we could do at that point,” Morse says.

So when Kristle survived, emerging from her coma three days later at the hospital in Pocatello, Idaho, with full brain function, Morse was amazed. More extraordinary still, his world view was profoundly altered when Kristle recognised him. “That’s the one with the beard,” she told her mother. “First there was this tall doctor who didn’t have a beard and then he came in.” That was true. Morse sported a beard, while Dr Longhurst was clean-shaven. Kristle then described the casualty ward with astonishing accuracy. “She had the right equipment, the right number of people—everything was just as it had been that day,” Morse explains. She even correctly recited the procedures that had been performed on her. “Even though her eyes had been closed and she had been profoundly comatose during the entire experience, she still ‘saw’ what was going on.”

www.readersdigest.co.uk/ life-after-death-i-71...

peace out
asa
Posted by "The day That I died" Production Blog at 15:20

_____________________________________________________________________________________

No comments: