Wednesday 24 October 2007

Week 1 - My "The Day That I Died" Film

I e-mailed everyone log in information about the Group Blog and asked them to check it atleast two times a week so that they stay updated, made a list with everyone's e-mail adress and mobilepone number as well and sent it out to everyone in the group so that we easily can get in contact with eachother. I asked Josie if she wanted to co-produce with me, I think that Josie would be a great producer as she always stays calm and always hand in work long before deadlines and tehre for most be well organised and, I already know that she is a hardworker. She said yes :)

Everyone gat the link to The Production Blog of "I lived on The Moon" which inspired me a lot. The musicvideo can be downloaded on the Blog and you can read about what inspired Yanim Puig to make it. He really managed to mix 3D and ad in a beatiful way that deson't feel werid at all, the textures and the animation are amasing as well. I have e-mailed Yanim and he replied so I asked him a couple of questions about his film :)





First post on The Group Blog.



I am trying to sketch on the girl and the style of this film but my drawings so far are too cartoonish or too much as a childrens books illustration. I don't want them to be too realistic but at the same time I don't want to take away the fact that this film is about death. As I imagined it, it starts of with the girl in the hospital bed and her voice (no lipsyncing ) saying " Tis is the story about the day that I died. It seemed like any other day. The Doctors had said that I had atleast one more month, but they were wrong". Then I want us to follow her, into her eyes as she closes them and everything turns black, and the black starts to clear out and she gets grabbed by something, its a octopuss, taking her from the deep dark waters up toards the lighter ones where the octopuss lift her upon a cloud and she continues her journey towards "the light". I know that 3D water is pain, but I was imagine it as a lot of particles and light and maybe not using real 3D water but paint and 2D layers..hm. This is not very developed. I have built a octopus in Maya. I gat this idea on the saturday before the film pitch, about following a girl that dies and go a bit more experimental and arty. I had started modelling the Monsters Spa in 3D, I had spent two weeks in my room developing the Monsters..but..then this new idea comes up and I just have a weekend to sketch it down n try to explain what the * I want to do. And offcourse I am thinking that the 3D people in my class will think that I am really weird and that no one will vote for my film - but some people did! I am really exited, this will be hard work but FUN! :)
I presented my idea for the group and everyone liked the octopuss idea BUT we talked about how hard it would be to model, rig and animate as a Octopuss doesn't have a skeleton but muscles. So we decided to change that.


Bobo




Inspiration and research:







..and this is when my lap top and hard drive died..and I lost my 3D octopuss...verdammt.

No comments: