Wednesday 24 October 2007

Week 3 - Character Designs!


This week I have focused a lot on working on Character designs for Jessica's film. She liked the idea of mafia inspired pigeons and wanted to inegrate the 60's glasses on the mother owl, so here are some of my sketches on that:


( double click for larger picture )

I did some ruff bat sketches as well haha but I didn't really get any fedback on any of my work so I guessed my drawings where to silly...

he he

.. So then I continued developing and sketching on the little girl for my film and her toy and friend, Bobo instead.


Everyone in the group seemed to really like the funny vintage toy that I posted so I made a quick sketch and now I am trying to develop him further so that we might have our Bobo character soon. Waiting for fedback from the group.









Some Amazon Jungle animal research



For Jono's film I am working on the three jungle animals, he doesn't want any birds or monkeys so I went for sloths and a oppossum. Now this will be a challange! I can't draw animals! I just really like Jono's film idea and think that his jungle animal characters are someting that you can have a ot of fun with, but if I can make them? I will do my best and try, hopefully he doesn't ant a realistic but more cartoonish look. Jono and I sat down on Friday and I was quite sure that he wouldn't like my art work but to my surprise he did, he wanted me to make the sloth more athletic as he has to be ablo to move fast, but he liked the right hand ones face and expression and he also liked my top oppossum and asked me to change the nose, give him bigger ears and feet to make him more cartoonish so I am gonna work on that. I was really surprised and happy about that he liked them, I hope that he is not just being nice. He asked me if I wanted to sketch on the two explorers as well, I would love to do that! But there just isn't enough time. Updating my own film blog and being a producer is taking a lot of time and energy.


I choosed to go for sloths and oppossum as they are really cool animals.




I did a little quick sketch for Ash's film. They can really have fun making the characters of the old woman and the tall skinny old man. This sketch is way to silly, don't know why I did it, guess it was after talking to Ash and he said they didn't have a lot of conceot, well, this is nothing they can use but he was really happy when I gave it to him which made me glad :)
Is it so much more fun to draw for project where you get fedback.



Inspiration, art work that I like for different reasons, colorschemes, light etc for my film.




this one is tacky as hell, baby colors and not very imaginative but maybe it can help us thinking about what NOT to do and get more ideas

No comments: