Monday 14 April 2008

Week 15 - start animating

Monday: Started with a small scene for Jess. I need to go back in time and get into tweaking and blendshapes again that we did in our first year cos I don't remember where to find everything. Have been rendering different kinds of fog and clouds for my film all weekend so now I am going to play around with compositing - have e-mailed my group about the girls textures, Josie came online and received the file but Raphael don't have internet access at home so I will have to wait for him or meet up some where - but he can start animating without them. Made a schedule for this term - very simple one.
Anyway - Jess's scene, have to ask her about if the bus and the owl should bump n shake a bit - if that will be done now or in compositing afterwards and if he is suppose to look straight into the camera or where the bus is going, here's some quick tests:



I wanted to know what jessica wanted with this scene- should he blink, look into the camera or look at the view from the bus, look to where the bus is going and so on - so i did some quick tests and showed Jess, this top one was more a joke but she actually liked the idea of him closing his eyes and enjoying the sun so i will develop that one. I want to upload the other tests but, what is the point when they are so small and is so low quality that u cant really see what happens? anyway..



I want to finish that scene for Jess this week and start with my scene for my film, I noticed a faulty with the girls neck and found t hard to control her arms so Giles was changing the rig last nite and I will get a new version of her today so that I can get started. Wan noticed a faulty with his blendshapes - I told him to talk straight to Giles about it and then I said that we will find away around it as there's no time to re- rig or re-do blendshapes, we just have to get started now. I also want to make that sky for the first and the last scene - maybe I should sit down and learn shake, the sun is alright in maya put the clouds looks to much like computer games clouds for my liking but maybe thats just because I haven't found the right setting for them yet?




Been sending the girl rig back n forth with Giles this week as I find new faults here and there, i have asked everyone in the group to let me know if they found any as well but no one has which makes me worried cos then maybe they haven't even touched their scenes yet? Anyway.. Giles is on the case and works very fast so that is very good!

CHECKLIST:

* animate scene for Jess
* get train from Josie and the traintracks from Raphael and put the deadworld for the last scene together and pass to the rest of the group
* new girl and rig from Giles - pass to the rest of the group
* start animating my scene for my film
* render out mist and sky for the first scene
* would be very nice to 2D animate the shadow with crayons, but I will have to see if there's any time for that

I want to have some butterflies in this world so I made 2 simple ones that I will animate on planes in Maya,





and just mess around with watercolor n make a quick texture. Made some simple creatures that could be transparent silhouettes in the deadworld. Work i will do if i have time in the end - gat problems with the compositing and it is driving me Maaaaaaaaaaaaad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Flores Online, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://flores-on-line.blogspot.com. A hug.