Tuesday 1 April 2008

Week 13 - back from Sweden

Yes! Gat my lap top now and maya is running on it!! Puuh, been awful not being able to work at home!!
Not a word from Caspar about the train, Giles about the girl, nothing about Wan's Bobo or Raph's creatures since last week when we had a meeting. I need to edit the block out and put it up and have a last look at it- Emmet has e-mailed me some suggestions for sound that I have to listen to, i need to get the train from Caspar so I can size and texture the tree station and i need to hunt people and nag and ask where their work is and then I need to do some more tests for the dead world and then I need to rig the Dr and animate a scene for jessica and after that I will shape up my CV and my portfolio...yeaaah..not long time left now.



I changed the textures on the Dr that Josie textured, the eyes and the coat and the trousers and put a phong on the shoes so that they shine. I think I need to change the tie as well cos in a distance it looks weird as I think the UV's are wrong. Now I am going to rig him...think i should add color under his eyes first so he looks more tired...don't know how to manage and do everything. The Dr's eyes are way to far apart, I don't like it at all, but there is just no time to fix it, I already asked Jess to put them closer once so it might be a bit tiring if I ask again and again just cos my concept was to 2D and baaaaad.




I don't have photoshop on my pc so i cant do print screen and my camera is shit but, this is the train station as it looks right now. Want to try a more brown yellow texture as well before I decide which one it should be. Put the texture tests up on the group blog - need to get photoshop cos u hardly see anything with these pics, anyway..




played around with the credits n subtitles n so on..looks shit when its so small.. but it has to be to be able to upload. I want to animate the cloud background and the frame aroun it, the frame will be easy, just turn and change in AE, but the clouds will be another ball game.



received more sound examples from emmet but we still haven't nailed it so I asked him if he will be in on Monday or Tuesday so that maybe we can sit down together and look at the blockout and listen to sounds and try to nail it and get it done. The group work thing about asking everyone to report their work on the blog every friday didn't work either, Josie is the only one who did it, I didn't do it last friday when i was in Sweden so shame on me but otherwise I have been doing it.

Today, friday I gat the train from Caspar and he says he hasn't have tome to finish it and apologies, I would love to texture it, but i don't have time so I just put up a request on the group Blog to see if Raphael or Joise can do it. I'm missing one small changed sequence from Josie to be able to finsih the blockout, but Josie is always fast and reliable ( i love u joise!!) so I will get it soon, and then we'll have a last look at it and hopefully its done. I asked Wan and Raphael to look at it and leave feedback.

About rigging the Dr..I have started, gat a tutorial from Jared which is like a bible from hell, i think i am dyslectic, i cant read that much text i need images!! So i found my old rigging tutorial which is very basic but it doesn't explain how to do everything, it just says " go to IK handles and connect the..bla bla" but..where the fuck is IK tools? And what am I suppose to connect? So..I am stuck there and will need to find another tutorial or commit suicide, cos thats how much i hate rigging.



and editing the blocout scenes and sound effects to it



I just gat a mail from Giles and something was wrong with the file he gat from Wan + he said there was problems with the model but he still did it in just one week, but its a shame that it was so much hassle with getting her finished and sent to him, he waited like 3 weeks. Anyway, the vains in my brain are hurting, i think they might burst cos Giles also told me that Ben G had called him and asked to rig another character for our film, WHAT?? I have mailed him and told him that we are thankful for him trying to create a new bobo but that we are sticking to the old design as Ben never changed the characteristics that we didnt like and made him less cartoonish and maleish as we wanted and also from the start made promises of texturing the character and then later told me that he doesn't want to texture and doesn't like texturing - and now he have asked Giles to rig and weight him? I wrote to Giles and said sorry but i dont know what Ben is doing, maybe he is using the character for another film? But not in mine.


Anyway, I am glad to work with Wan and Josie and I am glad that Raphael came back, we might be a slow group but people are nice to eachother and everyone is trying and is also trying to stay positive although we had so much tiring shit happening and so much disappointments with other members and people promising to help us with things that they never do. Now there's only few weeks left so now everyone has to get into hardcore work mode.

Jessica sent me this one, nice to see how they looked in frames in the end and which ones Jessica choose




piiiiiiiiiiiiias

No comments: