Monday 28 April 2008

Week 17, Okej! I start my Monster film

Well, Mike and I had a meeting last friday and Jared also showed up. We talked about the film and so on and decided that the best thing might be to drop it. So, its done. I really liked the idea, I loved Aminata's model of the girl, I liked how the dead world was coming together, I didn't want to do another 3D gag comedy film- use the software and the medium for something different and mix it up more - any way - it didn't work.




No..he doesn't have three heads -its parts that I will animate in AE )


Time to make a ll the cut out body parts to joint in after effects and animate. I don't have time to write now if I am going to make this, so ciao bello, later!

Technical things- how to render out a film from AE so its remains an alpha chanel. Will try the puppet tool in after effect- might be helpful with the animation.




Made some props for the spa and sticked them into the maya file. 2D and 3D is hard to mix nicely, i just want this colorful and wacky so I think i will keep the spa in just a solid color, no tiles or any fancy 3d texturing cos that just wouldn't fit.

Started to animate the horn monster who will just brush his back and put soap on the belly - have problems with his front arm, it doesn't want to joint and i cant put the anchor point where i want so i can't make it move naturally right now. His eyes are also a pain in the ass, want to animate everything but the front arm today so that i easily can do the arm later.

Will meet up with Alex tomorrow and hopefully solve why I can't upload my avi films on planes in Maya, do the films have to be something else den DV pal size? I know he gat some After Effects tricks as well then he can enlight me about. I did everything wrong with my showreel last year cos i refused to do tutorials n started working and learning - and making lots of mistakes- instead..hehehe..i didn't even parent my characters last year, - or use joints hehe..so that surely didn't help the animation haha. Anyway, u live and learn.

AAAAARGHHH! Tuesday today and my scanner just died - very bad timing - gat to go n get a new one! later!

Wednesday : new scanner and a new receptionist that I can't choose between.
My maya file is acting really weird, wanted to stick 2d textures on the spa walls to see if that could be the solution to the 2d and 3d not looking good together- BUT, maya sometimes has its own life, this time when i high light a face and add a texture to it- it adds the texture on everything thats NOT highlighted! haha I love this software, it does have its own life! Anyway, maybe i do it all in 2d.



The Receptionist - two different versions and some color tests.



..and if I get the time I will animate the Teacher down below cos she should be the receiver of the postcard.



I went for the orange hair for Ruth,





I have started to animate the Horn Monster and the Green Smelly Monster in After Effects - BUT - when I think I am done with the green monster, all of a sudden his parts starts floating around - they have anchor points, they are not parented, they are keyed in position and the layers are LOCKED! So how the hell can they move?? Very irritating. Have to find out what the hell it is cosing it cos all my work is for nothing right now as long as that continue to happen.




I think this will do as the massage scenery? I tried to give the massage customer different colors as he shouldn't have the same color as Ruth, but, i liked him the most green..





Working out how the shower room and the waiting room could look - need to add the room itself -

Peace n Luv
asa

No comments: