Monday 21 April 2008

Week 16

Josie found new faults on the girl so I sent her back to Giles again and asked him to try and animate her a bit this time and play around with blendshapes so that we hopefully dont find any more faults and can get started - he fixed her really quick, hopefully she works now, i have passed her on to Raphael, Wan and Josie and will start playing around with her, hopefully there are no more faults.

Made some more test for Jess and passed her a folder with them all so that she can get back to me with fedback and hopefully i can wrap it soon, the funny thing is that when i freestyle and do something silly that i think Jess is going to hate- then she actually likes it so she likes the silly ones when he is dramatic and stands up on his toes and wave with his arm and when he poses as in a musical, so I will develop them, find the tweaking hard, hard to get the natural look, very stiff cos its just a few keyframes now so I am playing around with it. Jess asked me if I wanted to animate some other small scenes- would have been fun but I honestly need to focus on mine now eventhough I find it fun to animate - I just wish I knew more about the tweaking cos i think thats what makes the difference, adding those extra keys and tweaking them right- i am trying now but damn, we dont have time to learn to much new things this year- i am busy reading about after effects and trying to figure out how to do with the composoting, need to find out how to export films from final cut as alpha channels if i don't want massive and messy aftereffect files.. Found this site that has some very good tutorials:

http://www.layersmagazine.com/aftereffects-tutorial-draw.html

Honestly, the film idea is good, it's different and could have been something really nice, but I have been drained out of my motivation long time ago and have had meeting with both Jared, Mike and Dan about the film and that I don't know how the hell we are going to pull it through. Different people in the class has popped up and said they would like to help - I sent them info and so on- nothing ever happened. Yes, I was stupid - I should have pitched a film with more elements that I could handle alone and not so much 3D characters as I rather sell my kidneys then get into rigging - but I didn't, cos in this class the majority is 3D people so I thought I do just like the teachers said: pitch something that a lot of people could work on and that required different skills. I did. I worked my ass off the first term and was really really stressed out. This time I have decided that it is not worth it, I am not letting my group down but first of all - I am not letting myself down. My film would have needed a director that is better on 3D and compositing I think, and someone with more patience cos I loose mine all the time and i want to give up. Because the grades don't mean that much to me- but my showreel surely does, will i even have a showreel now? Well well, lets try n do this n stay positive. So..here are some test for the shadow character done in Corel painter, started with crayon, didn't like it, water colour wasn't that nice either- charcoal, the last test is my favorite, will have to edit it in final cut n change the pace.







Now the question is how to make films from final cut alpha chanels?.. I need coffe

new problems with the girl rig AGAIN, i asked please please please try to animate her so that we find all the faults in one go, but first thing that happens when we get her back is that Wan finds new faults.. i am loosing my hope..




AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Giles and Wan are working on it so that good but I am getting really stressed when it never stops and we always find new faults who makes it really hard to start animating, hopefully we will sort it out this week - WE HAVE TO!!



Raphael cleaned up his file, good, went down from 3000 Kb to 1000 and now i cut it down to 780 kb, i didn't clean my hospitalroom up cos i wasn't happy about it n wanted to go back n change more things but fuck it, Wan cleaned it up and i sent him some changes that i had done with some texture settings for bumbpmaps, Eva's trapetzez etc.



This is what happens after 4 years of studying animation fulltime sitting on you ass 24 7 drawing or working with the computer..u develop extra sections of fat and between the different sections u can stash pencils, erasers etc, very handy!
In a couple of more years I might be able to stash my sketchbook some where between them!

Anyway.. :) went home to Jessica's house o friday to do the bus scene together with her so she can get one scene done and render it, I hate to animate - it's fun to try and give an object life and character but I am to impatient to do it and I go crazy with the hypergraph cos I never get it the way I want - anyway, we gat that scene done now, she asked me to do another small scene and thats nice that she asks me as I am a shit animator- I said yes but then when I started thinking about my film situation I told her that I changed my mind cos I am so behind with my own work.


Weekend work:







I don't want cute Monsters - i want silly ugly and funny monsters.. i am happy about 3-4 of them but..hmm.. i am not giving them any shadows now..too much work for quick color tests.



Time to pick the best characters for the film.. I need ten of them.

Quick test to see if maybe the characters would be nicer with water color textures

..here's a ruff sketch of the idea and here is the first camera test of the shower corridor environment, almost 40 sec.



Peace n Luv,
asa

No comments: